New complimentary update!
Since the release of the sixth edition of Conveyancing Victoria 2018-19 in February 2018, change in the industry has continued apace – so much so, we have now released a complimentary digital update to the book. Author Simon Libbis has found the areas in most need of revision and updating concerned electronic conveyancing and GST withholding. For the convenience of our readers, all changes since the print edition are shown in red in the PDF, so readers can quickly locate changes.
As part of our service to purchasers, all digital updates are emailed free of additional charge to registered purchasers.
Conveyancing Victoria 2018-19 starts with the basic elements of a conveyancing transaction then moves on to:
- a step-by-step guide to the process
- detailed explanations and precedents
- problems that can arise, how to avoid them and strategies for dealing with them.
Some of the developments covered in the 2018-19 edition:
- the new conditions in the contract of sale
- duties online
- changes to a number of stamp duty concessions
- developments in deposit release
- execution of instruments
- changes to Land Use Victoria lodgment processes
- additional stamp duty charged to foreign purchasers
- the obligations imposed on practitioners by Land Use Victoria as part of its “alignment” program
- foreign resident capital gains tax withholding payments.
A PDF of the title is available without charge, upon request by email, by purchasers of the print edition.
About the author: Simon Libbis is the principal of Subdivision Lawyers. He has previously been Executive Director of the National Electronic Conveyancing Office, and was the Registrar-General of South Australia for some years.